Enrolling at St Mary Magdalen's
Once you have taken a tour and made a decision, the enrolment process is quite simple. Should you need any guidance in completing the forms for enrolment, we are more than happy to assist. Just give our secretary a call to make a time to complete the enrolment form or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
The process for enrolment is as follows:
● Children must be 5 by 30 April in the year they are due to enter Prep.
● Parents who wish to consider enrolment of children under the minimum school entry age must apply for approval to Catholic Education Melbourne through an Application for Early Age Entry to School. When approval is granted parents may seek out enrolment at St Mary Magdalen’s.
● Enrolment of children with additional learning needs.
Parents who apply for the admission of students with diagnosed additional learning needs will meet with Student Services Team members and the Principal to assess if St Mary Magdalen’s is an appropriate learning environment for the student.
● Students who move from interstate or from another school will be admitted if numbers in the year level permit. Catholic students will be given priority when numbers in a year level are at permitted level.
● Full fee paying students fall under two categories:
1. those who have a study visa in their own right. CRICOS registration requires that the school follows the correct procedure using the PRISMS website to create a study pathway for students.
2. those who are students from overseas because their parents are in Australia for business or study.
Copies of relevant visas must be produced when the student is being enrolled in the school.
LOCAL STUDENTS - 8 STEPS FOR ENROLMENT FOR PREP STUDENTS
1. Parents seeking a Prep enrolment first register an Expression of Interest. This will be kept on file to be activated in the year prior to the year of enrolment.
2. In the year prior to enrolment, parents complete an Application for Enrolment form and pay a non-refundable administration fee of $100. This fee is offset against the first year’s fees.
3. For enrolment, parents must supply copies of the child’s birth certificate, Baptism certificate (where appropriate) and immunisation documentation. These copies will be kept by the school for future reference.
4. If applicants exceed the places available, potential students and their parents will be interviewed by the Principal and Parish Administrator. The selection criteria will then guide the offer of a place at St Mary Magdalen’s.
5. Parents will be sent an Offer of Place at the end of May in the year prior to enrolment. Parents return the Acceptance of Place form supplied.
6. The school will work in partnership with Pre-school providers to ensure that information of an educational nature is shared. This is to ensure a smoother start to schooling.
7. Successful applicants will participate in the St Mary Magdalen’s Transition Program during terms three and four.
8. Parents will receive an enrolment package with information to help them and their children have a successful start to school life.
LOCAL STUDENTS - 4 STEPS FOR ENROLMENT FOR ALL OTHER AGED STUDENTS
1. Parents complete an Application for Enrolment form and pay a non-refundable administration fee of $100. This fee is offset against the first year’s fees.
2. For enrolment parents must supply copies of the child’s birth certificate, Baptism certificate (where appropriate) and immunisation documentation. These copies will be kept by the school for future reference.
3. Parents are advised to provide a copy of the student’s past report and any other information that will assist the child’s transition to St Mary Magdalen’s.
4. Parents will receive an enrolment package with information to help them and their children have a successful start to their new school.
OVERSEAS STUDENTS - 8 STEPS FOR ENROLMENT
1. Full fee-paying students who are in Australia because their parents are on business or study visas will follow the enrolment procedures for local students who apply for placements at St Mary Magdalen’s. In addition to the documents necessary for enrolment, parents must provide a copy of the student’s passport and visa.
2. If applying from overseas, parents are encouraged to visit the school website to obtain as much information as possible about the school.
3. Parents request a place within the school. When this is given, the school places the information on the PRISMS website, a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is produced. Prospective students then apply for a visa which may be issued by the Department of Immigration.
4. Students transferring from another provider while on a student visa must ensure that a proper Course Variation process has been completed on the PRISM website.
5. Parents applying for a placement as an overseas student, pay a non-refundable administration fee of $500. This is offset against the first term fees.
6. Copies of the child’s passport, visa, birth certificate, Baptism certificate (where appropriate) and immunisation documentation must be provided when the parents complete the enrolment form including the additional information for overseas students.
7. Information regarding the place of residence and arrangements for the welfare of the child must be provided to the school.
8. The school contracts with the parents to provide a primary education. The school and the parents of overseas students must abide by the regulations set down by CRICOS.