St. Mary Magdalen’s School strives to provide an effective, age-appropriate child safety program for all students in our school.
We have a long-standing relationship with the Daniel Morcombe Foundation and promote their vision:
“Today we build a future where children are free from harm and abuse.”
Teaching Protective Behaviours through the Daniel Morcombe Curriculum and our Community Day for Daniel has become a significant annual event in the school calendar for delivering a child safety program at our school and within the community.
The key messages promoted are:
- I have the right to feel safe and be safe all day and all night.
- My body belongs to me
- I can take action on every problem
- I can talk about anything with people I trust
- I can persist in taking action to improve my own and others' safety
- A trusted adult must seek to keep me safe.
St Mary Magdalen's School is a child-safe school, developing a whole school culture of child safety in compliance with the Victorian Child Safe Standards, Ministerial Order No. 870 and the Reportable Conduct Scheme.
Book a tour to experience St Mary Magdalen's School
Complete the book a tour form below to truly experience our learning community.